Solid Surface Countertops vs. Quartz Countertops

April 16, 2018

When you are looking forward to remodeling your kitchen but you have ended up having the decades-old debate about which countertop to get? If you are looking for quartz kitchen countertops or if you prefer a solid surface one, American Kitchens Inc. provides the finest countertops in a wide range of materials for your kitchen. The debate about solid surface countertops and quartz countertops is about to end with this blog! Contact us for detail.


Quartz Kitchen Countertops or Solid Surface Countertops Which is the best for You!


Quartz is a perfect stone that is created by using 95% of natural ground quartz mixed with the other 5% is made from polymer resins. In simple terms, quartz countertops are made from crushed stone and adhesive. Quartz countertops have a smooth surface with a glossy finish. When it comes to seams, the quartz is bound to have some, but if you are working with a professional kitchen remodeler, the seams can be artistically hidden away making the surface appear seamless and smooth. Quartz countertops have a uniform look with a multidimensional appeal.


When it comes to solid surface countertops, one of the most common materials that come to mind is Corian created by DuPont. The one thing that separates solid surface countertops is that aesthetically it resembles a natural stone but it’s non-porous, unlike the natural stone. These countertops provide your kitchen with a solid homogenous surface that’s as sturdy as natural stone. Before choosing your countertop to take the advice of an experienced kitchen remodeler.


Price and Durability


If you are looking for durability and not afraid to pay a few dollars more than quartz is the best option for your kitchen. If you love cooking, then choose quartz, they are stain resistant, low water absorbent and in most cases, such a countertop does not require sealing.


You can put a heated pan on the countertop without worrying much about damaging it thanks to the heat resistance of a quartz countertop. Another added benefit of using quartz in your kitchen is that these countertops are UV resistant so you don’t have to worry about sunlight damage.


So, if quartz is not really your choice for a kitchen countertop then solid-surface is the material of choice for you. Seek advice from a professional kitchen modeler and they will suggest that solid surface is the less expensive option for people who want a minimal, sleek, and appealing countertop that’s sturdy and smooth. Being non-porous, these countertops are easy to maintain and clean.


Solid stone countertops have a little germ-resistance. Even though the material is not stain resistant, it can be cleaned easily without any special tools. These countertops in some cases are as durable as quartz or granite. A solid stone countertop might not have all the benefits that a granite or quartz countertop offers but it’s certainly one of the most attractive and affordable countertops for your kitchen.


Contact Us


American Kitchens Inc. provides the finest countertops in a wide range of materials to choose from, we offer premium quartz kitchen countertops. We give a free estimate for your next remodeling plan for your home. Contact us today for more information and queries.


You may also like

Get a Free Consultation!

0 of 350
How Did You Find Out About Us?
  • RSVP - Print Ad
  • Billboard
  • Everybody's Business
  • Radio Ad
  • Google Search
  • Referral
  • Other


Proud Member of These Organizations